We are still looking for additional long term maintainers. What can we offer you in return for your help?
- We can offer you our mentorship, if this is your first time participating as a maintainer of an open source software project. We can guide you through submitting your first pull requests and work with you to ensure your change fulfills the communities quality standards, gets merged and makes it into a release.
- Your work gets publicly credited. This can help you build up a resume, showing off your growing skill set, in programming as well as your soft skills.
- PrivateBin is a smaller project. If you'd like to learn how to participate and contribute in an open source git project, this should be less overwhelming then larger projects.
- We do have a decent unit test code coverage, so it is an environment forgiving of mistakes. You may still introduce logical flaws or issues in new features, not yet covered in the tests, but you can rely on the tests preventing any regressions in other areas.
- It can be an opportunity to learn about continuos integration tools to automate tasks like tests, security scans, etc.
If you are interested in helping with any of these points, we have prepared a development guide including design goals, code structure and tools to get you started. For any questions, you can chat with the maintainers in the discussion area or reach us via email or here in the Fediverse.